Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fellowship madness

Wow, how quickly things can move in the world of fellowship interviewing.  As I wrote previously, Hubs has been interviewing for fellowships over the last couple of weeks.  Because he's just that awesome, he received a lot of interview offers ;-)  Yay, so proud of him.  Well, He's only been on 2 of many interviews and he's already received an offer!  The program that has made him an offer is an amazing program and is nationally recognized as being super great.  So, what to do?  He still has several other interviews scheduled, at programs he his genuinely interested in.  The program making the offer, however, is in an area of the country that we think we would probably like to end up in ... like in the long term.  They want to know asap.  What a rub.
Well, it gets even more interesting. ... I just might be taking ANOTHER BAR EXAM.  Ugh!  I've already taken 2!  Took the bar in our home-state, and took the bar in the state that we relocated to for residency.  Not only will I be taking another bar exam, but I'll probably be taking it this February.  oh the torture!  That's what it is you know...pure torture!
I tell you once again, the spouses of residents make serious sacrifices.  2 bar exams.  leaving a job I've been doing for 2.5 years.  relocating to a state where I lose most of my professional marketability (yeah, I cant even continue my specialty in the state we are most likely going to move to!) 
Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. Really hope things work out for the best with all of this. Things happen for a reason right? Hmm maybe not the best argument for a logical attorney.

    Hope all is well, and I hope you make your way over to my blog soon... I have a little something waiting for you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby!!! That is great news that he already got an offer! My boyfriend is currently doing interviews for his Residency..so I'll be in your shoes, one day..minus being a lawyer, ha! Hopefully everything works out for you guys!! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete