Thursday, August 20, 2009

Will my baby ever see her daddy again?

Okay, that was overly dramatic, but hey, that's just how I'm feeling right now. I've mentioned before that sometimes I feel like a single mom because of Hubs' schedule. He is a resident = he is an indentured servant. Isn't that really what medical residency is anyway? Indentured servitude?
Anyway, he has been working some crazy, crazy hours this week, and I am not kidding when I say that Hubs has not seen our daughter since Sunday! He leaves for work at around 5:30 a.m., before LoveBug or I are awake, and hasn't gotten home before 10:00 p.m. once this week, and obviously, since LoveBug is only 16 months old, she is fast asleep by that time. Hubs is still at work tonight, and its currently 8:30 p.m. So, I guess he might see her tomorrow...hopefully.

Don't you think he must miss this face:
















As an aside, I would just like to say that I know that I really have no idea what its like to be a single mom; I'm just saying that I can identify with them at times. I was raised by a single mom, and I know that is truly the hardest job in the world (for moms that do it right anyway).

On a positive note...Yay Project Runway returns tonight!!! Heidi Klum is my idol! Tim Gunn is awesome. Even Hubs loves to say "Make it work" and he's not "that guy." I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. He must be so sad cause she is adorable!!!! I am loving project runway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick Filet milkshakes (peach preferably) are my staple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness that is the SWEETEST face ever!!! you must be one proud mama!

    ReplyDelete